Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our wedding bands

"The joining of two hands makes one heart."
I've been trying to find ways to personalize everything for our wedding. I really want the entire process to be about us even down to the minor details. One of those details I've been exploring is having the ring bearer carry something other than the ring tied to the traditional pillow. I've heard of some brides putting a glass slipper on the pillow to compliment a princess or fairytale theme. I thought that was a really neat Idea and it got me to thinking what would fit our theme or lives. I ended up coming up with several options, but narrowed It down to my two favorites.

Option one: Our ring bearer will be holding an old issue of the Ball State Daily newspaper. Adam and I met while working at this paper in college. I was the features editor and he was the assistant sports editor. The newspaper will be rolled up and tied with ribbons and the rings will be attached to it.

Option two: Our ring bearer will carry a Jermaine O'Neal teddy bear from Build-a-Bear that Adam made me for me on our very first Valentine's Day together. The rings will be tied to the bear using ribbons. This could also serve as my something blue for the wedding because the bear is in a blue uniform.

-Penny

1 comment: