Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mother knows best

"A mother's love is the fuel that enables a normal human being
to do the impossible. "
A Little Spoonful of Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul

My mom came to visit me for six days and it couldn't have came at a better time. I'm at the point in the wedding planning where I'm finalizing the plans and I really needed the help deciding on some major and minor details of the wedding. I'm so glad she was here to help me out for a few days. I established a to do list for us and we accomplished nearly everything on it. The biggest task was assembling the invitations. I designed every detail of the invitation and ordered everything in pieces. So we spent a couple nights put the invitations together with a hot glue gun and other supplies. I'm really happy with how they turned out. All I have to do is put on stamps and address them. I'm hoping to get them in the mail by June 1st. (I'll post a picture of them when I get them shipped off.) We also spent Saturday wedding shopping. Adam's mom came down from Tampa to join us. We had such a great time looking for mothers of the dresses and other items. I really wanted to find a veil and jewelry, but I didn't have much luck with that. Veils are so expensive... it's crazy... it's just tulle on a comb! No one bought anything on our trip, but both my mom and Amy found a dress that they liked that I think they're planning to order/get at a boutique closer to home. It's so fun watching everything come together. I can't wait for the next few months to come and go. I can't wait to be Mrs. Adam Fisher!

-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment