Friday, April 29, 2011

A wedding fit for a queen

"We're quite reserved a lot, the British, but when we go for it,
we really go for it''

The Prime Minister

I have to admit that I was intrigued by the royal wedding. I even contemplated waking up in the wee hours of the morning to watch it live, but I opted to sleep in and watch it later. I had heard all these rumors that everyone would be ripping off ideas from the wedding to include in their own celebrations. Since, I’m a bride-to-be I thought I should definitely watch it. I thought it was a beautiful ceremony, but to be honest… I’m not really sure what people would take from this ceremony. It was very traditional and didn’t really introduce anything new. I thought the music was very good. The two choirs, one orchestra and two fanfare teams performed wonderfully. The songs were very traditional well-known hymns and choral works as well as some specially-commissioned pieces. I loved the trees along the sides of the aisle. I thought that was a really nice touch and really add some visual oomph to the decorations. I was surprised there weren’t more flowers because I heard that thousands of dollars were spent on floral arrangements. I was really surprised at the lack of emotion. I really thought one of them would tear up during the ceremony. You can tell how much they love each other and I’m sure I’ll be a tearful mess on my wedding day. I really wish pictures of the reception would have been released I would have loved to seen the decorations and atmosphere for the reception. I did read that they introduced an American tradition… the groom’s cake. The wedding cake was massive with 900 individually iced flowers and leaves.

-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment