Monday, April 25, 2011

An RSVP Postcard

“Together we laugh, we dream, we love … on this day we marry.”

My latest project has been getting our stationary items designed and ordered. I wanted to have all the invitation supplies ready when my mom came to visit (May 10-16) so she could help me assemble them. I don’t think that will happen, but at least I’ve got the bulk of the design work completed. Now, I just have to wait for all the pieces to arrive, put them together and get them in the mail. My goal is have them mailed by the end of May. It’s a good thing I have a couple weeks off that month to accomplish that goal.

I did something really different for our RSVP cards and I’m not sure how it will turn out. Instead of doing the traditional card with the tiny envelope … I decided to make a postcard (from Vistaprint.com) with one of our engagement pictures on it. We loved our photos that we got from Narrative Image so I really wanted to use them for something other than the save the date so I thought why not use them on a postcard. You’ll have to let me know what you think. I also thought about making envelope liners using our favorite engagement photos, but I’m not sure if I’ll have the time to do all of that. I think one of the hardest parts of designing the invitations (which I really enjoyed … for those of you that don’t know I majored in Journalism graphics in college. I love design and I don’t get to do much of it in my current position at the newspaper so it was great to get back into this) was trying to decide what wording to use. I thought about using one of my favorite quotes: “To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.” or “Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” There are tons of other little sayings to choose from, but I ultimately decided to use “Together we laugh, we dream, we love … on this day we marry.” I really wanted to put an emphasis on our wedding date (9.10.11) and I thought that wording really helped to do that. It was really hard trying to figure out exactly what I wanted to do because there are so many options out there. I’m happy with how they turned out so far. I’ll try to remember to post a blog once I get them finished so you can get a sneak peek before you get them in the mail.

-Penny

P.S. The top image is the front of the postcard and the bottom image is the back side.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's a cute idea! And I'm sure it'll be gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Erin! You're too sweet! I'm excited to see it all come together.

    ReplyDelete