Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Grooving to some great tunes

"The truest expression of a people
is in its dance and music."
-Agnes de Mile


Music is a crucial part of the wedding reception. I recently read that 81 percent of guests say that entertainment is the most memorable part of a wedding. I have to agree with that assessment. I think music is a factor in how much guests have fun during a reception. We booked an awesome DJ that I think will get people's booties on the dance floor. Vance Carlin of V&H DJ Services will be our DJ for the evening. Vance and I have been friends for more than a decade. We met at Vincennes University while I was on the dance team. He was one of the managers for the men's basketball team and served as an emcee/announcer at other sporting events on the VU campus. He'll be providing the musical selections for the evening and serving as the master of ceremonies. He's a great friend and I'm really excited to have him be part of our special day. Adam and I have been trying to narrow down tunes for the main events. Here's what we're thinking so far...

Introduction: I have a great idea for this one, but I'm keeping it a secret.
First dance: The winner from our poll (see the upper right corner of this blog)
Father/daughter dance: I struggled trying to be pick the perfect song, but I think I've settled on "I Loved Her First" by Heartland.
Mother/son dance: I'm letting Adam pick this one. Sorry, Amy. Adam keeps trying to convince me we need a father/father dance. I'm not falling for it.
Bouquet toss: I'm thinking "Single Ladies" by Beyonce or Christina Aguilera's "Can't Hold Us Down." A couple other good ones are "Going to the Chapel," "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" and "Wishin' and Hopin'."
Garter toss: I really like "Wild Thing" by Tone Loc, but I also enjoy "Whatta Man" by Salt & Peppa. You could never go wrong with "Baby Got Back" either.
Cake cutting: "The Sweetest Thing" by U2 is winning right now, but I also like James Taylor's "How Sweet It Is." I'm not about to use "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" I feel like that would encourage Adam to smash cake in my face.

-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment