Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Meet the maids

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”

I'm honored to have some of the most amazing women in the world joining me on my wedding day including my maid of honor Josie. We were paired up us suite mates at Vincennes University. It wasn't long before we were best friends. After finishing VU we both transferred to Ball State and decided to be roommates. Since my first day of college she has been there to wipe away tears and celebrate the good times.

The bridesmaids joining her are: Tricia, Rachel, Terry, Amanda and Kara.

Tricia: I didn't know what to expect being on VU's dance team. It wasn't long before this short, fiery blond sat down next to me at a practice and said "How ya doin' honey?" in the voice of a southern belle. By the end of that season we were great friends. She's one of the sweetest most passionate people I know. Her laugh is contagious. After finishing VU, Trish joined me at Ball State and on the Cardettes Dance Team.

Rachel: She was randomly selected to be my roommate at the Miss Indiana USA pageant. We realized we had a lot in common and by the end of the weekend we were cheering for each other. Although, neither of us went on to win the title that weekend we earned something more valuable a life-long friendship. We continued to keep in touch and root for each other in other pageants.

Terry: While attending Ball State I got a part-time job to earn some extra cash. I was hired as a sales associate at Bath and Body Works. While working there I met another sales associate who helped me learn the ropes. We starting hanging out outside the confines of the North Park Mall. It didn't take me long to find out she is one of the most loyal people I've ever met.

Amanda: I also met Amanda while working crazy hours during the holiday rush at Bath and Body Works. Even though the lines of people were out the door that year we still managed to find time to become friends as we stocked shelves and stayed over our shifts to clean and organize the store. We share a great joy for organization. She is such a sweet soul.

Kara: Kara joined the Cardettes Dance Team during her freshman year. Little did she know the girls from VU were going to change her life forever. Since meeting that first day at practice Kara and I have been great friends. She's one of my biggest supporters and I'm grateful to have her in my corner.

The honored guests are:
Rachael: We met when my family moved in next door when I was 4 years old. Pretty much every childhood memory I have includes her from birthday parties to our crushes on the neighborhood boys. Even though we ended up attending different schools and eventually moving away from our childhood homes we still remained friends.

Kelli: She can be described as the life of the party and she's definitely brought lots of partying to my life. We met on the dance team at VU. She was always around to make me laugh when I desperately needed some sunshine in my life. She also transferred to BSU and the Cardettes Dance Team. I don't know what I would have done without her in college.

Emily: I was introduced to Emily by Kelli. They danced together at VU before transferring to BSU and dancing with the Cardettes. Everyone who knows me knows I have a passion for dance. Emily shares that same passion. We spent countless hours shaking our tail feathers. She's always up for a party or a serious heart to heart talk.

Adam is joined by some pretty amazing guys as well. All of them have been friends since high school (a couple of them since elementary) His best man is Kevin Daly and the groomsmen are: Matt Nicholas, Minh Binh Chau, John Hertig, Pat Corrigan and Timoth Jones. The ushers are Mike Pence, Christopher Dellarocco, Ross Smith and in memory Andrew Pepper.

-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment