Friday, November 26, 2010

I got it!

"After all there is something about a wedding gown prettier than any other gown in the world."
-Douglas William Jerrold


I can’t believe I neglected to post a blog mentioning a very exciting thing that happened a week ago. I picked up my wedding gown from the House of Wu in Fort Myers. I received a call from my friend (who works there) earlier in the week telling me the dress had arrived from China… and that I could come in and try it on. I set up an appointment with her for Friday afternoon after work. I was anxious and nervous that it wouldn’t be as amazing as I remembered when I first tried it on. I slipped the dress on and it was perfect… just as I thought before… I’m still amazed that I don’t need any alterations. It’s the right length and size… which I took to mean that it was definitely “the” dress. How could all this happen if it wasn’t? I’m very pleased with it and am so excited to wear it. I have to convince myself not to put it on and watch TV when Adam isn’t at home.

I want to thank my friend Jessica who is an amazing graphic designer at the House of Wu for introducing me to these gowns and for all the special perks she provided. I’m lucky to be able to call her my friend. I feel very blessed.

-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment