Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lucky in Love

"Two hearts united and two shall become one."

I recently got back from an amazing trip visiting family and friends in Indiana. Adam and I typically head back to the Hoosier state each July so that I can help out with the Miss Ripley County Pageant. I'm part of the committee. This year was a little extra special because it was my 10 year anniversary of being crowned Miss Ripley County. To commemorate the occasion I was asked to emcee the pageant. I had a great time doing this and the pageant was a great success. I really enjoy getting to help out with the pageant and work with such awesome people. I also spent this trip completing wedding errands and my mom and maid of honor hosted a bridal shower in my honor. I was so impressed by the decorations. My mom (and dad) have spent the last couple months working on decorations for the shower and they turned out great. The theme for the shower was "Lucky in Love" and had Vegas decor. My mom tied cards up on strings. She cut out colored paper in shapes of dollar signs, cards and dice. She made this elaborate fake cake as a centerpiece. It looked great. Each guest was given a number which was the time they were responsible for purchasing a gift for. We played a couple games and I had a great time catching up with everyone.

-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment