Monday, July 18, 2011

Just sign in

"Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

By now you're going to think I don't want to keep anything tradition for the sake of breaking tradition. That really isn't the case ... I just have been trying to think of really creative spins on tradition ideas. I'm still doing all the "traditional" things just in a different way. The guest book is no exception. Typically guests sign a book with a pen at the door when they enter the ceremony location. For our wedding I thought of tons of ideas of things that I really liked, but I didn't want to make it to complicated for our guests. You're supposed to be able to come in and complete this task within a couple of minutes... otherwise we'll have a line of unhappy guests waiting to get in and take a seat. An idea that I really loved was using an old typewriter with long sheets of paper for guests to write good wishes to us on it. We could look for inexpensive vintage machines online or at thrift stores. Then after the wedding we could tie it into a scroll with a ribbon or cut each of the entries and put them into a book. I thought this was a really neat idea because we're both journalists. I thought it really fit us. But, Adam thought using an old fashioned typewriter might not be the best idea for our guests. He thought some might struggle with this. So, then I thought about setting up small note cards with matching envelopes that guests could write well wishes on and then seal them into an envelope for us to open on our one year anniversary. I thought this would be something really special to do on our first anniversary. I also contemplated lots of other ideas, but we finally settled on the perfect thing that blends our personalities and where we meet all into one amazing thing. Wait until you get to the wedding to find out what we picked. I think it's going to be a hit!

-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment