Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Brilliant boutonnieres

"What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel
that they are joined for life. "

George Eliot

I drug Adam to the one store he hates the most (Michaels) last week to pick up some wedding supplies. He despises the craft surplus store but, he was a good sport and came with me. I needed his assistance helping select items for the guy’s boutonnieres. These are typically some sort of floral decoration. I decided against using flowers and making them personalized instead. To be honest, I’m not really a flower kind of girl. I don’t really know much about flowers and while they are beautiful for the few hours or days you have them they die and have to be tossed out. I wanted the guys to have something they could keep… not that any of them are that sentimental. So I started searching for some ideas. I finally found some inspiration and started planning out what I wanted to do. Each of the guys will have their very own personalized boutonniere based on their personality. Adam helped me pick out the perfect theme for each guy. I started working on them this week, but I still have a few hours of work to do on them. I’m hoping to finish the project soon and them store them for the next few months.

-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment