Friday, February 18, 2011

Love is in the air

"Truly, sweetly you complete me!"

I've been really trying not to say this is our last... this is our last... but sometimes I just can't help it. This was our last Valentine's Day as a dating couple and Adam didn't disappoint... I guess I should take that back I was a little disappointed but it wasn't because of him. We are members of a co-ed softball league (that ended up winning the consolation championship game last year) and our first game got scheduled for Feb. 14 at 7:30 p.m. Originally I thought we could just miss the game and start our season the following week, but then I thought... there is no way I'm going to be able to talk Adam out of playing a sporting event. So, I tried to figure out another day we could do our celebrating. The weekend before V-Day was out because I was traveling for Barbizon and would be in Houston. We ended up picking the Wednesday after to go out for dinner. I went off to work that weekend and returned home really late on Sunday night. I don't think I shut my eyes before 3 a.m. and I awoke at 7:30 a.m. with Adam saying "Penny, wake up." As I struggled to open my eyes... I saw him standing next to the bed with breakfast. It was so sweet and I was so surprised. He made cinnamon rolls and had purple (my favorite color) tulips, chocolates and this adorable card. It turned out that both of our cards said the same thing inside: You complete me. That is so true. I really feel like I'm an incomplete person without him in my life. I can't imagine not sharing all the day to day things and bigger events with him. I'm lucky to have found someone as amazing as him to be by my side.

-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment