Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trash the dress

A happy marriage is a new beginning of life, a new starting point for happiness and usefulness.
- Dean Stanley


Now that I have selected the wedding gown of my dreams I figured I could share my after wedding plans with everyone. I’m planning to partake in a fairly recent trend called Trash the Dress." For those of you who aren’t familiar with the trash the dress concept… brides select a location or two and have some fun “getting dirty.” It’s a style of wedding photography that combines elegant attire in an environment that it doesn’t belong in. It’s typically shot in the style of fashion or glamour photography. The most popular location for the photo shoot is at a beach, but other popular locations include city streets, rooftops, fields, abandoned buildings, bodies of water, bridges, woods, mountains and areas with urban decay. The word “trash” may sound misleading… considering the dresses only get wet or dirty… nothing a professional cleaning service can’t restore, enabling me to preserve the dress or follow through with my plans to donate it. Of course some people take it to the extreme by tearing and destroying the garment. I’m definitely not planning to do that. I just love the idea of having some artsy photos of me in my dress in unique locations. My shoot is being scheduled a couple of weeks after we return from our honeymoon. I’ll be sure to share the pictures.

-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment