Monday, October 4, 2010

Remembering Andrew Pepper

"May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again,may God hold you in the hollow of his hand."



We have some very sad news to share with you. A member of our wedding party died this week. Andrew Pepper touched my life in such a way that I'll never be able to put into words. He meant so much to Adam and I. We have so many wonderful memories that we'll cherish forever. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet him and be able to call him my friend. He will be missed so much. The world won't be the same without him in it. He was a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity and was in Adam's pledge class at Ball State. Pepper and I became good friends when I started dating Adam. He's one of the main reasons why I survived moving to Florida three years ago. On my trip relocating to the sunshine state I stopped for the night and day in Atlanta to visit with Pepper (he lived there at the time) He and his sister opened their house to me. Pepper found out that I didn't pack anything with me except my clothes and my furniture wasn't set to arrive for a few days so he gave me a CD player/radio. That little musical pleasure came in handy when my furniture was "lost" for several weeks. I slept on the floor of my new apartment all alone with nothing but that CD player. I don't know what I would have done without it. He even called every couple of days to make sure I was adjusting to my new life. He was such a wonderful person and showed me so much love and compassion these past five years. I can't believe he's gone. He was going to be joining a couple other SAE's to be an usher at our wedding.

There has been a memorial fund set up to help his family. Checks can be made payable to the

Andrew Pepper Memorial Fund
.

Send them to:
1925 Lincoln Ave
Evansville, Indiana 47714




No comments:

Post a Comment