Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Our first bridal show

"Let this be our destiny, to begin each new day together
to share our lives forever."


Adam and I loaded the car and headed North to Tampa last weekend for our very first bridal show experience. We picked up his parents so they could join us on this adventure. We arrived at the hotel in downtown set up to accommodate the show. We lined up behind dozens of other brides-to-be waiting to attend the "Ultimate Bridal Show." We didn't have to wait long... and I was one of the first 100 brides to enter (no. 98) so I received a goodie bag with Clinique makeup, a guest book and other wedding odds and ends. The holding area was equipped with appetizers and a jazz musician performing in the back. Finally, the doors opened. To be honest, we both thought it would be bigger. There were less than 25 booths scattered along the sides of the room with a runway in the center. The majority of the booths were devoted to photographers. I really enjoyed the ones showcasing local bakeries. They brought samples that were delicious. I tasted the best red velvet cake with buttercream icing. I'm seriously considering that flavor for our wedding cake. Adam really enjoyed the champagne fountain at one of the booths. The show lasted several hours that were split up by a fashion show of wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses. I really liked a couple dresses from Demetrios. At the conclusion of the show prizes were awarded. I was really hoping for the $1500 honeymoon package... that was about the only prize we could use since all the prizes were for local vendors. Maybe we should attend a show in the Hoosier state.

Wish me luck talking Adam into that...

-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment