Thursday, August 18, 2011

Let's get our party on

"A bachelorette party is a bachelor party...gone wild!"

I just got back from my last trip to Indiana before the pending nuptials. This trip was for my bachelorette festivities which the bridesmaids have kept a secret from me for the past six months. I arrived in Indianapolis on Friday. On Saturday we woke up early to start the day of surprises. The day began at a beautiful spa location in Greenwood. The bridesmaids and me spent a couple hours getting pampered. My body wrap and massage was amazing! It was so relaxing. After the spa we headed to downtown Indianapolis for lunch at the L.S. Ayres Team Room at the Indiana State Museum. The chicken soup (we all ordered) was delicious! Then we were off to check into the hotel. We stayed at the newly built J.W. Marriot hotel in downtown. This hotel was built for the upcoming Super Bowl happening in the Circle City next year. The hotel was so nice and very accommodating. The view of the skyline from the 20th floor was beautiful. A few of us headed to the Circle Centre Mall to get our makeup done at the Clinique counter while a few others rested for the upcoming evening. We headed to the Palomino for dinner and then hit up Howl at the Moon. We had a great time there except that is was packed with people and some of them were really rude especially this one lady next to us. We decided to hit up a club that we used to go to in college all the time called Have a Nice Day Cafe... only it's not called that anymore... apparently it's now Sensu. We had a great time there until the end of the night when I realized that my purse got stolen with my ID and cell phone in it. The remaining hours of the night were filled with tears and a police officer.

The weekend was one that I'll always remember and we created some wonderful memories that I'll continue to hold close to my heart. I love all of you girls! Thank you so much for making this such an amazing experience.

-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment