Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Fisher Dozen

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave,
and impossible to forget.”


The wedding party for the Fisher wedding has been notified and accepted. Adam talked to his six groomsmen the weekend we got engaged and asked each of them to participate in the wedding festivities. He's called them friends since high school.
I wanted to do something extra special when asking the ladies to be part of our special day. So I compiled a package for each of them with a card saying: "You've been by my side through so much and I can't imagine you not being by my side when I get married."
I also sent my maid of honor a "survival kit" a few weeks after we got engaged. I tried to include everything she might need while helping me. I included things like flip flops for when her feet got tired of wearing heels, ear plugs for when she wanted to tune me out, coffee to stay awake during all the late nights we'll spend working on projects, a disposable camera to document all the important events and tons of other items. I put everything in a giant pink cosmetic bag and tied ribbons around each of the items with a short description of why the item might come in handy.
I sent out packages to my bridesmaids a few weeks later. These packages included a bridesmaid rhinestone tank top and some Bath and Body Works lotion.
I feel so blessed to have these ladies by my side and with me during this journey of my life. I'm sure Adam feels the same way about his guys. We have the best friends in the world and I can't imagine the day without them.

To find out more about who is in our wedding party check out our website in the coming months.

-Penny

1 comment: